Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Now that I've almost come near to finish my hardware part of the robot, I should be focusing on the more enjoyable episode which is programming. I have tried to come up with the concept of a state to make my robot have an idea what it is doing at any given time. Until I add image sensing capabilities, my robot has very simple vision tools, so its obstacle avoidance method will also be simple. Actually, it will only be equipped with ultrasonic distance sensors at the beginning. When it detecs an object ahead it should rotate in place and check if the 'new front' is empty to move forward.

When I power it on, it will begin in [initialize & wait] state until it receives a move command via bluetooth module which puts it in [moving forward] state.

Below, you will find my first and simple state diagram. I will build my software on top of it and the state diagram will surely change and improve over time.