Monday, May 26, 2014

I've been trying to figure out how to arrange and place the modules on the robot. My main principle on this issue is modularity. Everything should be easy to replace, change and upgrade. Especially, after spending so many hours on the main plates, I strongly refrain from drilling or damaging the main plates needlessly. So I ended up putting the boards on a seperate small plate.

Later, I started experimenting with ultrasonic sensors. Much to my surprise, these sensors are really sensitive and precise, almost in the rate of half a centimeter. And there is more, I thought it would be a great idea to have a permanent display on the bot for debugging, displaying the state of the program, etc. Thus, I assembled a 4x20 character display. My code is still in a spagetti state therefore I didn't post it yet. But I will post it when it is ready and beautified.

Here are some pictures of the top plate and mentioned elements on top of it;



Did you notice the drawer handles ;)