Monday, February 3, 2014

It's been a time since my last post. Business and other stuff as expected.
Thank you guys for your comments and feedback.

In the meantime I purchased some parts for my robot. I'm not sure yet how I can make use of them in the end but we'll see.

One of the items that I bought is Sparkfun Robotic Claw MK II with its Pan/Tilt Bracket.
The claw is made from metal and has a spring clutch, I hope it will save the servo from ruining.
The more complex looking claw is surprisingly cheaper than the bracket, but the bracket comes with its servo. Even though it says the bracket is made especially for the claw there is no easy way to put them together. The assembly instructions are really poor and the proposed method doesn't fit my liking so I decide to make a U shape piece as an adapter between to screw them together.

Here you can see the pictures, I just installed the servos;